Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's Aluxism's song of the month! And yes, it's a POWERful one.



As I was thinking about the Aluxism song of the month, I was thinking that the song needed to embody a strong positive message for the new year. It needs to make me feel very much alive and pro-active. With the Aluxism song of the month, the song does not need to be recent or playing on mtv base a hundred times a day. The song of the month is all about meaning and living, so finding the song of the month for January was not too hard.

Which song personifies strength, success, perserverance and Aluxism? There are two songs that are feuding in my head for this song of the month as I try to narrow it down to just one. But because they can only be one songs of the month, we're giving it to two men who really embody all of the qualities they rap, and all the qualities anyone who is Alux is striving for. So first song of the month for 2011 goes hands down to Kanye West featuring Jay-z and Swizz Beats! It's the too strong, too motivating, gail force winds Power remix! It's a powerful month!!!


"Rumble, young man, rumble
Life is a trip, so sometimes, we gon’ stumble
You gotta go through pain in order to become you
But once the world numbs you, you’ll feel like it’s only one you
Now you got the power to do anything you want to
Until you ask yourself, “Is this what it’s all come to?”"

The first time I heard this song was late last year, as I was trying to make a last minute attempt at the end of the year, at the gym, to get skinny for my december holiday. I was actually adding music from my cousins laptop to my phone, so that I could have more music to workout too. So here I am at Planet Fitness, setting the time for my run on the treadmill, getting into the mood, and then proceeded to press play on my blackberry. "We livin’ in that 31st century, futuristic fly shit.The penthouse is the projects and everybody flies private". These were the first lyrics I heard and absorbed from this materpeice, whilst I was trying to be dedicated to doing my 20 minutes on the treadmill and over all workout. The beat was beautiful, dramatic, strong and intense, everything I wanted my workout to be. The inspiration that was injected into my body and soul, by both the beat and the lyrics was the equivalent of a crackhead remembering their first high. It was, dare I say it, POWERful! Without stopping my run I immediately put the track on repeat, and run for a solid 15 of 20 minutes and finished it all off with a strong walk. Ever since that day, the Power remix has remained a main fixture on my running playlist.

This song definately deserves to be an Aluxism song of the month due to the fact that I felt so powerful in the gym. I asked myself this question one day, if I can feel so strong at gym whilst listening to the song, I wonder how I would feel out in the world! So on the new Aluxism song scale we give Yeezy 11A's out of ten for motivation and goodtimes!



I wish everyone a very successful and powerful 2011! Get on your grind and lets make 2011 something memorable!


(Images are courtesy of google images and lyrics by elyricsworld.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment